‘What to Expect Guide’ – Essential Will
1. When you first contact us, we will have an informal conversation about the benefits of a Will and introduce ourselves. If you wish to proceed, payment is taken *
2. We will then book your telephone consultation appointment at a mutually agreeable time.
3. We will then email our Terms of Business, which among other things explains your cancellation rights and the 14-day cooling off period, along with how we are regulated and our complaints procedure. The email will also contain useful information that will help you prepare ahead of your telephone consultation.
4. All our consultations are conducted over the phone by a qualified Will and Estate Planning Consultant (home visits are not available with an Essential Will).
5. Your consultation will last typically 20-40 minutes.
6. An essential Will is designed for simple estates only and allows you to nominate the following:
Your funeral and organ donation preferences
Your beneficiaries (and any exclusions)
Your nominated Executors
7. If during a consultation, it is discovered that you require a more complex Will, we will make that recommendation accordingly and explain any difference in cost. You will then have the right to do the following:
Ignore our advice and continue with the Essential Will
Pay the difference
Cancel the call and receive a full refund
8. We reserve the right to cancel the call and issue a full refund if we feel that it would be detrimental to write an Essential Will and you do not wish to upgrade.
9. Each Will we produce is bespoke as everyone’s circumstances are unique. We have a duty of care to ensure that we provide you with relevant and appropriate advice that is applicable to your particular circumstances. This advice will highlight the benefits, the downsides and any associated costs.
You are not obliged to accept any recommendation. All advice provided will be clearly documented on your case file for future reference and for our own protection.
10. You have the right to terminate the call at any time during your consultation with us, without giving a reason.
*Please note that an additional £7.50 is charged to produce your last Will and Testament on durable paper with a minimum 50-year life span, specially bound in accordance with Best Practice guidelines to make the document tamper proof and posted to you via 2nd class Royal Mail post.